The design of a Perfect Health Diet meal is found in the body of the apple. Assuming two meals a day, the recipe is to combine:
- A safe starch (roughly 230 grams, which translates to 150 to 300 carb calories);
- A meat, fish, or egg (110-230 grams);
- A sauce made up of fats and acids such as lemon juice or vinegar;
- Vegetables, preferably including fermented vegetables with their healthy acids;
- (Optionally) some dairy or a glass of wine.This is precisely the recipe which science has found minimizes the elevation of blood glucose after meals.It seems reasonable to expect that a meal designed in this fashion will have a glycemic index around 30. The odds of 200 carb calories with a glycemic index of 30 generating blood sugar levels that are dangerous – 140 mg/dl (7.7 mmol) or higher – in healthy people is very low. Even in diabetics, it may be uncommon.So, yes, Virginia. There is a Santa Claus, and you can eat safe starches and avoid hyperglycemia too!
Diet | LCHF Diet |