|I am not in this book .|
This post is sure to bore the pants off most of humanity. Who gives a stuff about what I (of all people) put in my mouth?
Quick response: I do.
But I wanted to follow up on my last meditation on food because if I knew back whenever what I know now I'd be a lot better off inside my innards today.
So for want of any access to fanfare and ado I will simply proceed:
A Italian style sausage (x1) and sauerkraut with a short black coffee.Love it! Love it! Makes getting up worthwhile.
A can of sardinesorTwo hard boiled eggsorA PawPaw or Berry Yogurt SmoothieorA Green salad with olives or avocadoorA vegetable soup.
I'm a DIY gastronome so I gastrite. Recipe discovery and experiment is my hobby -- that is, within low carb parameters. One course meals and preferably 'one pot'. Plenty of stews and the like. Usually Middle Eastern or Mediterranean -- occasionally a curry.
On the occasion they matter:
I don't eat much but I do eat well.Mixed nutsorCheeseorSlices of preserved meats.
Criteria of note:
- The 5 fruit and veg a day sentence is rejected. 5 fruit and veg -- that's a myth. There's no strong evidence to support a magic number
- I'm not frightened of fats. In fact I prefer to get my calories from fats rather than upping my proteins. I go for the good oils if I can...but I don't trim the supposed bad bits off what I cook. Why waste it?
- I pursue an elevated intake of brassilicas and fermented products (esp sauerkraut and yogurt). Preserved meats are a naughty indulgence now and then.
- White tea or black coffee; red wine spritzers and chilled green tea are my libations.
- I don't eat grains or legumes...nor spuds (except sweet potatoes once or so each week). And no fruits except berries and Paw Paw. (Although I'll eat passionfruit because I grow so much of the stuff.) So no pastries...and no pasta or pizza.
- Despite whatever, I do allow myself to indulge occasionally and I will consume what I don't eat: especially a meat pie. (The local meat pie is too delicious to not partake of ever.)